Friday, November 26, 2010

The Rally to Restore Sanity/Fear (or not!)

Most of you out there who watch the Daily Show or the Colbert Report would know of the recent "Rally to Restore Sanity" and "March to Keep Fear Alive" (They later joined forces because Colbert couldn't get the licensing for his march - or so he says.) Anyways, about a week before the rally, we were walking back from the Indian restaurant Jeremy mentioned in his latest guest post when we ran into an acquaintance of his. We got to talking and the subject of the rally came up. Then and there, Jeremy made the decision to come with me to the event.

Sure enough, a week later, I was greeting my sweetie at Union Station and taking him to my school for the first time. When we got there, I introduced him to my roommates Ashley and MJ before we went for pancakes at the late night 50's themed diner Ike's that is on my campus.

The next morning, my father picked us up as he was going to the rally too and we drove to the metro station. Lo and behold, the station was so packed with people, we all basically said "Forget this." and we went to have burgers at Fuddrucker's instead. Fuddrucker's is another one of those 50's-esque diners but more kid friendly and much bigger. My family have been going there since I was a little kid. My brother and I loved the cookies and milkshakes. They hand dip the milkshakes and serve you whatever is leftover in a metal pint glass. It's the only way to enjoy a milkshake. Yummy yummy milkshake yum.

After burgers of deliciousness, we picked up a few things at Walmart: a 24 pack of Mountain Dew and a laser pointer if I recall correctly. College essentials. We bid farewell to my father and went for dinner at the cafeteria at my school. I forget what we had but as per the norm for most cafeteria food, it was mediocre. The next morning, we went back to the cafeteria and had waffles from the waffle iron. I accidentally put cream cheese on them. It seriously looked like whipped butter! Luckily, the odd combination was quite good. Jeremy recently told me he had it again when having waffles at his school. A NEW WAFFLE TOPPING IS BORN.











What's your favorite thing to put on waffles?

No comments:

Post a Comment